Xwindows again

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Sat Jun 2 02:14:43 CDT 2001

Did it again.  Trying to install Mandrake 8 to a system with a Voodoo
Banshee (Diamond Monster Fusion) 16M card, and if I select 1024x768x24 X
does something weird to the video card and it won't re-sync without
rebooting.  This in spite of the fact that it detects the Banshee correctly
and is set for the correct monitor (NEC XV15+).  So we start the ~30 minute
install again.

Windows is doing this res. at 60hz, and will push to 1280x1024x24 without
screwing up.

Someone posted a util that was supposed to pull X-style video configuration
details from a Windows9x setup - could you post it again?  (I think I
archived that thread at work...)