Linux Project (was Linux vs. Windows and why win is winning!)

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Fri Jul 20 14:19:13 CDT 2001

  I seem to remember fvwm95 coming with RH5.  I think I still have a cd
laying around.  I'd be happy to donate it...

  I'd love to help with this project.  I think having our lug do some
development as a group is a great idea.  OTOH, I don't know if this is the
best project to undertake.  Perhaps we could have a discussion regarding
what 'thing' is lacking, and do something about it!

  To address the original idea, making win9x users more comfortable with
Linux:  Linux is a multi-purpose OS with a great deal of flexibility.  As a
result, it is not always obvious how to go about [insert common task here].
Personally, I'm not willing to give up that flexability for a
easier-to-learn system.  The way to go is to make an automated install
procedure that configures the system to be MS'ized without any manual
configuration.  RH and Mandrake are working on this, I'm sure they would
welcome some help.

  Anyway, If the LUG wants to jump in and create something to give back to
the Linux community, I'M IN!

Chris Midkiff
chris at datacaptech.com
beavis_kc at yahoo.com