End-User "Training"

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Wed Jul 18 21:55:01 CDT 2001

(On a more practical note...)

Most of the guides to Linux I know of are for us tinkerers - they're on how
to set it up, install stuff, get it working, make it do things.  We're
explorers, and if you give us a tool with a capability, we'll figure out how
to put that capability to work.

End users, on the other hand, tend not to be explorers.  They have
jobs/tasks to do, and they're not going to be happy hunting around looking
for how that task is approached in a new system.  They want to know "How do
I do a mail merge?", "How do I make a shortcut to my mail program?", "How do
I print a graphic I've scanned?", and they want to know it on a "Click the
blue button" level, not on a "Well, there's Star Office, ABIWord, and
KSpread, you could use one of those...".

Does anybody know of a good source for this kind of instruction?  Is there
any available yet?