Paranoia

Edgar Allen era at sky.net
Mon Jul 16 19:28:24 CDT 2001

mike neuliep writes:

>The BSA sent letters to everyone in Network Solution's database.  They did it
>during a time when software sales were slow.  The way I look at it, it was a
>ruse to generate some income, nothing more.

Much like the "Urban Ledgend" about the piano company who found
that they had delivered a Steinway but had no record of who they delivered
it to.

So the accounting manager told the clerk to send a bill for it to all of
their customers and the one who responded would be correct because nobody
would pay for a Steinway that they did not receive.

Within 60 days they had two checks for the full amount and five partial
payments with notes saying the remainder would be paid soon.