Paranoia

Jim Herrmann b3d at kc.rr.com
Sun Jul 15 04:02:22 CDT 2001

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2001 14:57:22 -0500, Tony Hammitt wrote:
>
> Oh come now, has anyone actually SEEN an "MS License Policeman"?

I got a letter from the BSA for my small consulting corporation saying that after
the "truce" period, they would be auditing companies "suspected" of having
pirated software.  In my case that would mean any company that doesn't have a MS
license for anything.  "How can anyone possibly run a business without having a
MS license?" is the thinking, I'm sure.  I say bring on the MS police.  I want to
make sure I get a news crew out here the day they show up, and I can show MS/BSA
and the news crew Linux & KDE.  In one news clip we can show how BSA is being the
bad guy, and show the mainstream a great alternative.  That will be fun.
Probably won't happen, but a guy can dream, right?

Peace,
Jim Herrmann