Sed is slow - correction

David Woo davidwoo at swbell.net
Thu Jul 12 05:41:14 CDT 2001

The line should have read:

 b) I have copied all of the SCO LIBRARIES (instead of binaries) from
/shlib to the RefHat 7.0 /shlib

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I have another dumb question - can I
just take an earlier version of sed - say on RedHat 5.2 or 4.1 and just
copy the sed
executable onto a floppy and then transfer and use that version on
RedHat 7.0?  - or does sed use some of the libraries that had been on
5.2/4.1 - and thus
won't work on RH 7.0?

-Or even another possibility, can I use the SCO sed binary and run it on
RedHat 7.0 with ibcs?  I've tried to get ibcs running without any
success at all:

   a)  rpm -qa | grep ibcs shows:

                kernel-ibcs-2.2.16-22

[root at rh70 /tmp]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
epca                   38316  16
lockd                  31176   1  (autoclean)
sunrpc                 52964   1  (autoclean) [lockd]
tlan                   20200   1  (autoclean)
st                     25164   0  (unused)
ncr53c8xx              52356   0
cpqarray               15368   5
[root at rh70 /tmp]#

    b) I have copied all of the SCO binaries from /shlib to the RefHat
7.0 /shlib

    c) When I try to run the classic "Hello World" program that I
compiled on SCO on RedHat 7.0 - it gives the following message - as does
EVERY SCO
program I run::

                [root at rh70 /tmp]# ./a.out
                bash: ./a.out: cannot execute binary file

Has anyone ever gotten ibcs to run any SCO programs on RedHat?

TIA...