100% cpu problem

Tony Hammitt tony at speedscript.com
Thu Jul 5 17:00:34 CDT 2001

It's the kernel idle thread, that which runs when there is nothing
else running.  It looks a little odd, but it's harmless.

It also has esoteric things to do with power management, but for the
most part it's just telling the processor to go to sleep for a very
short time.  Since the 'top' etc. programs look for which process
happened to be running when the timer interrupted them, they catch
the computer in kapm-idled a lot.

HTH,

	Tony