Brian's Newbie question of the day

Jason D. Runyan Lists Account jrunyan.lists at dms.nwcg.gov
Wed Jan 24 23:12:40 CST 2001

Your mail will be lost if it doesn't happen to arrive when it you run it from cron.  You don't need
to run it every ten minutes though to transfer mail sent from the system.  Most mail programs
actually call the sendmail binary to send mail.  I would just take great care in compiling
sendmail, and run it as a daemon with tight restrictions in the cf/mc file.

--
Jason D. Runyan
NITC USDA Contractor