Hardware problem?

Gottipati Aravind slttg at cc.usu.edu
Thu Jan 11 19:27:17 CST 2001

Hi,
	I had something weird happen to my comp last night. Without
warning, my system shut down (The CPU), everything else connected to the
same powerstrip was working fine (speakers, monitor). Looking at the way
it rebooted .. it gave me a message saying hda not cleanly unmounted
check forced (which I know happens when you just unplug it suddenly), I
figured it somehow lost power. The logs on my machine show that it was
ok till 6:25 AM today morning.
	When I woke up and tried to switch it back on today morning.. it
would not.. and I tried unplugging the power chord and tried it again
and it would not start up. Finalyy I wnt home during lunch hour and
tried it again and it startd up just fine..
I know it all sounds like I was drunk last night or something like
that.. but I was not.. so anyone have any clues to what could be wrong
with it!
thank you,
Aravind