No subject

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Feb 26 15:27:54 CST 2001

> What is the difference between giving software away and
> releasing it(s) code to the general public. What to stop me
> from duplicating the code, change a few variable and calling
> it my own...
Copyright law; your own conscience.

FYI all software makers give away the code. It just happens to be in binary
format. I could write a five line program to convert all that binary code to
assembler. From assembler I could port that code to C, and voila I have my
own source code. Plus there are lots of disassemblers out there. It really
isn't that big of a task, just something only an experienced and
knowledgeable coder could do. I can read and write assembler. In fact my
first program was written in machine code (i.e. 101010...), which I put in
an array in GWBasic and wrote out to a binary file. Releasing the source
code is no different than releasing the blueprint of a building or
schematics of an electronic circuit.

Best Regards,
Brian

Brian Densmore <mailto:DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com>