KC RoadRunner and linux

C T Miller cmiller3 at kc.rr.com
Mon Feb 26 02:24:36 CST 2001

Well sorry it did not work for you. I had such a time getting a firewall
running with two isa NICs I went out and got two DLink PCI 10/100 NICs. I
hope you are using 10/100 PCI NICs. You should see the module loaded with
"lsmod" if not then you will have to fight that problem. If all else fails
try "linuxconf." Hope one of the other RR people can help you out.

> I also have tried the setup suggested by C T Miller under RedHat 6.2 and
no luck.  I have tried both an intel 8255x-based NIC using eepro100 driver,
and a 3com NIC (don't recall the specs on that).  It says something to the
tune of "initializing eth0.. looking up DHCP info.. [Failed]"

  This has been an ongoing problem ever since I upgraded from 56k about a
year ago