KC RoadRunner and linux

Tony Hammitt tony at speedscript.com
Sun Feb 25 22:50:06 CST 2001

All I use to get the service running on Linux is redhat's 'pump'
program, like 'pump -i eth0', if the cable modem is somewhere on a
network connected to eth0.  Works fine.  You only need to use the
rrlogind if you want to update your user preferences or get another
email address.  dhcpcd by itself should also work just fine.

Both dhcpcd and pump will set up a route from your box to the default
gateway for your subnet, put roadrunner entries in the /etc/resolv.conf
file and give you an IP address.

How is your local home network configured?  Just a box plugged into a
cable modem?  Do you have a hub or switch?  Is the cable modem plugged
into any other computer?  Please post back to the list with more details.
There may be some other people out there who want to get their Linux box
set up, help them out, too.  Most of the time people don't get back to
the list about their configuration, so the archives don't have any info
about what fixed what problem.

Thanks in advance,

Tony Hammitt