JOBOP: Linux/Java in Liberty

Tony Hammitt tony at speedscript.com
Wed Feb 21 15:50:52 CST 2001

Don't take this the wrong way but how much could Liberty schools
pay for a developer?  Surely not competitively with any private-
sector job??  DBA's are going for a pretty penny nowadays, as are
Java developers, so even finding any qualified applicant is a
longshot, let alone one who could afford to work for a school
(i.e. independantly wealthy).

I'm sure that you've gotten this question before and if I've offended
you, I apologize.  I really do want to know if the school can pay the
mid-eighties salaries that such people are looking for (at least).

While I certainly applaud the school for having such an elite
requirement and therefore such a nice setup, it does seem strange
that they would actually need such a person.  I guess I'm failing
to understand what the job is for, it seems like it's unrelated to
educating children.  I know that schools have IT requirements like
any institution, but I've never heard of it being at this level.

I take it that the school also looks for high-level teachers?

So, anyway, just my $0.02.  Flame away if you must.

Later,

    Tony