Off-topic, but ...

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Feb 8 18:36:08 CST 2001

Some Constitution stuff came up at the meeting last-night. It didn't sound
right to me, so I double checked it against The Document itself.
1. There are only two ways to get a new amendment.
    a. by congress
    b. by constitutional convention (called by 2/3 of the state
legislatures)

2. Thirteenth amendment has no power to revoke any persons citizenship.
There is no such clause anywhere. It freed the slaves, period.

But...

Constitution
Article I. Section 10.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person
holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent
of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any
kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.

Sorry but lawyers can't lose their citizenship by becoming members of the
IBA. Although, this clause could conceivably prevent them from holding
office of any kind.

Best Regards,
Brian Densmore

Associate