Insanity to follow . . . I'm going Linux (postal?)

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 6 14:13:55 CST 2001

I noticed that some configuration file (probably /etc/securetty) got upgraded
in the process of going to 2.4 and now I have to log in as a regular user at
the console instead of being able to directly log in as root.  I approve of
this since it keeps track of who logged in as root.  It's a little off-putting
on a home system, but I can certainly recommend it for any commercial system.

This may be the problem you're having.  If you can log in as a regular user
then su, change the settings in /etc/securetty.

Later,

	Tony