Insanity to follow . . . I'm going Linux (postal?)

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Tue Feb 6 14:09:44 CST 2001

If you picked the paranoid security setting on install and took default
workstation or server install (may be all installs w/ paranoid set) then you
may only be able to su to root.  This is something to keep people from
hosing the system by being root all the time.  Also check
www.linux-mandrake.com , www.mandrakeuser.org , www.mandrakeexpert.org for
help with Mandrake if you don't get it here first.  There is a lot of good
help for mandrake users that I've not seen with other distros.  Also, look
at linuxnewbie.org for Newbieized Help Files or NHFs.  People that have had
trouble with the standard manuals and Man pages have write and post NHFs to
document how they dealt with problems.