Dumb Question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Feb 5 22:35:33 CST 2001

Gene,

   If you know the IP address/(address range) for your provider, you could
add a rule to allow inbound traffic on that port (I forget the port number)
provided you haven't otherwise disabled pinging [probably not a good service
to disable, I'll probably get flamed for that statement]. You could also
flush ipchains rules and "kill -SIGHUP inetd" (I think - no Linux box nearby
to check). No need to reboot, this is Linux not WinCrash, right?

Best Regards,
Brian

Brian Densmore <mailto:DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com>

Associate