Remote Admin [OT]

Franklin, Joel jdfranklin.public at moheck.com
Thu Dec 27 14:15:21 CST 2001

>Forgive my MS naivety.
Sure. I'll also forgive your naivete of ritual Satanic abuse and axe murder,
so long as you'll pardon my intimate knowledge of MS products...

>But can Windows machines be administered remotely?
You can remotely administer Windows 2000 servers via a GUI. You can remotely
administer XP workstations via a GUI. There was a version of NT 4.0 server
that permitted remote GUI administration.

>Has Windows gotten to this capability that has been around with unix
machines for years?
Windows has always had this capability IF you purchased additional software
- PC Anywhere springs to mind, though there are other packages designed
specifically for network/help desk support of users.

Joel Franklin
Network Analyst