Reply-To munging reprise [Was: to admin]

Duston, Hal hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Dec 18 19:48:42 CST 2001

Marvin,

We have deliberately turned off the Reply-To header munging.

The receiving two messages is caused by the replier actually
sending two messages.  One to you, and one to the list.  The
correct method of replying to the list only is to push the
Reply-All button, and delete the addressees who are already
on the list.  And yes, I occasionally forget do to this.

--- Clipped from my post the last time we had this discussion.

For some advocacy see
and
http://zseem.ids.bielsko.pl/qmail/koobera/www/proto/replyto.html
and
http://oswg.org/oswg-nightly/oswg/en_US.ISO_8859-1/articles/mladvice/mladvic
e.html#AEN172

Look in our archives http://www.kclug.org/archives/2000/jul/
on the 4th and 5th of July under the topic of
"Block Tom Margrave Please" (Hi Tom!) for some discussion
we had on this topic.  The Reply-to munging was a contributing
factor in that incident.

--- Clipped from another of my posts on this topic.

Notice how this list solved it.  <g>
Still it is an inconvenience either way. *sigh*
Now that I have read that, I don't think either a listserv,
or sendmail could solve this; however, I still wish to NOT
munge the Reply-to header.

Hal