lilo.conf file review

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Tue Dec 18 19:32:03 CST 2001

I am speaking from very little experience, but I just installed Mandrake
8.1 and I wonder about this snippet:

other=/dev/hda1
    label=Windows Me
    table=/dev/hda

I was manually tweaking my lilo.conf and I had to remove the
table="/dev/hda" line altogether to boot windows.  This wasn't based on
intimate knowledge of the parameter, but by copying from a know, working
lilo configuration.  Just keep that in mind if you have future problems.