Software Developed Under GPL

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at nitckc.usda.gov
Mon Dec 17 15:26:37 CST 2001

Just tell him that is a bunch of crap.  There is no requirement in the
GPL that gcc is written under that says you have to do anything with
your resulting binary, unless you embedded gcc in the project itself.
IT WILL ONLY BE OPEN SOURCE IF HE MAKES IT SO, OR IF HE CHOOSES TO USE
AN ALTERED VERSION OF AN OPEN SOURCE PROJECT, AND THEN ONLY THE ALTERED
PROJECT CODE HAS TO BE OPENED UP.  IF HE CHANGES THE CODE TO SAY REGEX
TO, AND PLANS ON SELLING THE PRODUCT THAT HE IS SHIPPING THAT WITH, THEN
HE MUST SEND GNU IN THIS CASE THE SOURCE CHANGES HE HAD MADE.  NOTHING
MORE IS REQUIRED.

--
JD Runyan
		"You can't milk a point."