Tricking webserver into believing

mrkshrt at transparentsolutions.com mrkshrt at transparentsolutions.com
Fri Dec 14 15:37:05 CST 2001

In Perl, using CPAN modules:

use HTTP::Request::Common qw(POST);
use LWP::UserAgent;
#look at your web logs for what string(s) should be here
$ua = LWP::UserAgent->new("Whatever you want it to look like to
serverMozilla/5 (beezlebub)");
my $req = POST 'http://www.targeturl.com/target.cgi',
      [field1 => 'field1value',
       field2 => 'field2value',
      'field.3' =>'field3value'];
   $content = $ua->request($req)->as_string;

$content will contain the text that would have come back to your browser,
along with headers.

Mark