Server speed

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Dec 5 19:03:37 CST 2001

WHOO HOO! I finally got my webserver to kick in. It seems my 3Com Vortex

10/100 Mbit NIC has been EEPROM crippled in 10MBit half-duplex mode. I
swapped that with one from home that isn't. Now my webserver comes up in
100Mbit full-duplex [thanks to those wonderful gurus on the Vortex
mailing list].
Now I can begin to see where I am taking performance hits. It seems my
web-mail
reader is somewhat faster now, but not as fast as I'd like. Anyone know
any
utilities I could use to determine whether the bottleneck is the python
code or
RAM or HD?

TIA,

Brian Densmore