the viewpoint of a single newbie

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Dec 5 17:32:17 CST 2001

[snip rest of good philosophy of life]

Unfortunately, many people are afraid of technological devices.
(With good reason)
My wife included, and she hates puzzles. Sorry, we disagree.
I would like to see Linux as easy to setup, configure and use as
possible. I would like to see configure with sane defaults, which means
in a very paranoid state. Then when someone tried to do something, like
share a file or start a webserver. They would specifically have to
"learn" the consequences involved by specifically turning off security
settings and turning on services, etc. Yes, spoon feed them, but spoon
feed them knowledge not stupid little talking paper clips. I'm not sure
what this would cost Linux as an OS.

Brian