DNS and Time Warner Cable

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Wed Dec 5 02:24:53 CST 2001

My /var/db/dhclient.leases says:

lease {
  interface "rl1";
  fixed-address 65.26.108.252;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.254.0;
  option routers 65.26.108.1;
  option domain-name-servers 24.94.163.165,24.94.163.113,24.94.163.33;
  option host-name "dhcp-291-59";
  option domain-name "kc.rr.com";
  option broadcast-address 255.255.255.255;
  option dhcp-lease-time 86400;
  option dhcp-message-type 5;
  option dhcp-server-identifier 24.94.163.113;
  renew 3 2001/12/5 08:10:55;
  rebind 3 2001/12/5 17:10:55;
  expire 3 2001/12/5 20:10:55;
}

I have

pass in  quick on rl1 proto udp from 24.0.0.0/8 to any port = bootpc

in my ipf.rules.  I'm also running a DNS server on my firewall, so my
inside machines don't have to worry about Road Runner's DNS server
addresses.