BadTrans virus running amok

Don Erickson derick at shark.zeni.net
Tue Dec 4 23:38:53 CST 2001

In article <004c01c17cf2$1f976570$17960c0a at uhc.com> you write:

>TURN OFF THE #@$ STUPID PROPIETARY MICROSOFT MESSAGE FORMATTING!  Half the
>bloody messages on this list are in RTF, and there's no excuse for that on a
>LINUX list.
>
>Hey, Admin, can you strip the stupid stuff back to plain text?

Jeff Dairiki wrote a patch for the GNU Mailman listserver that does
precisely this, and also strips attachments.  It chooses text if there is
a text portion of the email and converts html to text if there is not.
I've been using it for nearly a year on a 400+ member mailing list with
good results.

I know that we use majordomo here, but thought I would let you know that
the particular wheel that you are asking about has already been invented.

Regards,

-Don
--
 .sig lite