XP Performance

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Dec 4 15:02:49 CST 2001

My thoughts were along the same line. Thanks for the rotten vegatable
idea!
 ;)

> >Heck the worst thing about Linux is the UI. I am sorry to say
> >but it ain't very user friendly and I don't look forward to
> >giving it to my parents for their main pc. It just would end up
> >frustrating the hell out of them. Heck even Redhat wouldn't help.
> >Sorry but that is the one place that MS kicks linux ass is the
> >UI, but especially the GUI.

Sorry I don't agree here. What version are you running? Get a recent
release. My wife is about as PC-Handicapped as they get.
And she only has two big beefs with Linux (Mandrake 8.0). One is the
browser,
I haven't heard any complaints since switching to NS 6.2 for her. And
the second
is email. She has a yahoo account and she gets these stupid forwarded to
the Nth
degree emails and she wants an easy way to pull out the last forward and
drop
it in a new email. These emails are ALWAYS multipart emails with cute
animated GIFS.
If I could make it easy for her to do this one feature, I'd be a God
with her for at
least a few days.

JMHO,
Brian