New twist on drive copy - Win - Win using Linux to stage?

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Aug 31 14:13:54 CDT 2001

If you want to be able to boot you would have to copy the file system as
a whole. The dd function might work for that. There might also be some
relative of mkfs for that. I seem to remember something about that, but
can put my finger on it right now. I don't know that you can take a
1.3GB image and stick it on a 3GB disk, and make it bootable as a
complete system. Anyway, I think dd is your best bet. it should copy
sector by sector.