Installing Linux Remotely

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 14:05:41 CDT 2001

Good Day Everyone:

I have an old Compaq Laptop, can't remember the model,
and I would like to run Linux on it. Here's my
problem:

The laptop doesn't have a CDROM and is running Win95.
I don't want to deal with a 70+ floppy installation. I
was thinking of buying a LAN PC Card for it so I can
install or run Linux on it remotely. I need help on
accomplishing this.

How can I install Linux from another Linux box?

What configurations I need to make to have the laptop
get the installation files from another box?

How I configure the LAN Card without an OS?

I probably have will have more questions as I go...

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jose