HancomLinux

Ben Carterette bcarterette at mail.liberty.k12.mo.us
Tue Aug 28 14:46:49 CDT 2001

Japanese has two phonetic alphabets; the 50-odd characters in each one
represent the same sounds, but one (katakana) is used for words
"imported" into the language from English, Chinese, etc, and the other
(hiragana) is used for native Japanese words.  The third Japanese
character set, the kanji, is a subset of about 2000 characters from the
50,000+ used in Chinese.  Most signs in Japan are written in hiragana,
katakana, or, increasingly, English; the ones that are written in kanji
generally mean the same thing in Chinese or Japanese.  (I think).

So..  has anyone ever set up a Japanese-language Linux?

ben