Meeting

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Aug 22 19:22:35 CDT 2001

Aha! So that was the missing ingredient. The backpack was too new for the
Mandrake. But then that begs the question, didn't we create a slackware boot
disk? And didn't that boot disk also fail to detect the backpack? Or would
we have to compile a custom kernel to make it work?

Also on another note. Even if we had got the backpack to be recognized, it
still would have failed at the mouse detection. Because of the psaux timing
of IBM ThinkPads, we would have had to create a 2.2.x boot floppy from the
alternative images directory of the CD. Which explains why I couldn't
install on my ThinkPad.

Brian

"Just go to show you if it one thing, it's another. If it isn't a sweatball
hangin' off Dinah Shore's nose ..."
Roseanne Roseannadanna