Overclocking and MB optimization

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Aug 22 15:02:43 CDT 2001

I was referring to the BIOS optimizations. I have an ABIT K7A (133 FSB) with
1 CAS2 128MB SDRAM. I just turned on all the speed settings for the RAM and
UDMA 66 harddrive. I could have overclocked the CPU right there in the BIOS,
but my CPU fan/heatsink isn't rated high enough to use for overclocking.
Beside, 700MHz is fast enough for me. ABit motherboards can be overclocked
directly from the BIOS, you don't need no stinking Win9x utility. Do be
careful if overclocking, you MUST have a GOOD fan/heatsink rated to cool the
CPU. Any one here do any overclocking? Personally I think it's a bad idea,
since CPUs are so cheap now.

JMO,
Brian