Apache Set-Up

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at home.com
Fri Aug 17 14:55:44 CDT 2001

What PCI  and ISA cards do you have in the system?   What other devices
do you have attached?   You could easily remove a modem or sound card to
free up resources.  You shouldn't need devices in a PC/ Server in this
role anyway.   It is most likely however that you must use a DOS boot
disk and the utility disk that came with the NICs to change system
resource usage.   A PCI NIC will normally default to IRQ 10 and I/O add.
300h even though they are supposed to be plug and play.   So you remove
one card, Boot to DOS and run the config utility for the NIC and change
it to manual config from Plug and Pray.   Leave the other one at Plug
and Play.

Brian Kelsay