NS 6.1

Jim Herrmann b3d at kc.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 00:17:52 CDT 2001

I'll tell you what I did, as I had the same problem.  My 6.1 install
migrated my Mozilla profile and mail which I was not really "using", but
rather testing.  So, to get my NS 4.77 mail moved over to NS 6.1, I
copied the mail files, which were in the ~/nsmail directory into the
directory that 6.1 is using, which in my case is
~/.mozilla/jim/4q0apk99.slt/Mail/Mail then the POP server name under
that.  So, copy the mail files, overlaying any duplicates.  You don't
need to copy the summary files, because the mail program will rebuild
those using a different extension anyway.   Then in the mail program, to
rebuild the summary files, you need to display each mail folder.  If you
have really large mail folders like I do, this can take a little time.
Not too bad, but you need to be patient.  Each one has to finish before
you move on to the next, else it starts over the next time you are in
the folder.

So, there is nothing automated, but it's not too hard.

Hope that helps,
Jim Herrmann