PostgreSQL/Cygwin

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Thu Aug 16 18:35:36 CDT 2001

Hi all...

  This Email may be a bit off-topic, please excuse...

We have managed to convince the powers that be that Open Source is a 'Good
Thing'(tm) and now are researching ways to use OS products for our clients.
For the clients that don't have a problem with Linux, our tools are Apache,
PHP, and PostgreSQL.  No problem there, most new distro's include these
tools.

My problem is for the clients who will not accept Linux.  These three tools
will all run under NT/2K, but I am having some problems getting PostgreSQL
to run.  The docs say to install Cygwin, and ./configure, ./make, etc.  The
make reports (error 1), but it creates the binaries, the ./make install puts
everything in it's proper place, but there is no createdb command.

Really, my question is...  Has anyone used Cygwin on 2K running PostgreSQL?

Thanks,

Chris