spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ 7

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at home.com
Mon Aug 13 05:30:36 CDT 2001

Try enabling the parallel port and see if you get the message.  Since
Linux takes over from the BIOS and reinitializes all devices, it may see
the port and may be trying to activate it.   Did you have the port
active when you installed Red Hat to the machine?   You may have
reference to this parallel port in one of the config files and it can't
initialize is what I'm trying to say.   It's late I'm going to bed.
Excuse any weirdness in this post.

Brian Kelsay