Small PC that runs linux?

Charles K. Lee II chuckx at cold-sun.com
Sun Aug 12 04:10:36 CDT 2001

When you say small, how small are you looking for?

You can build a computer with a mini-AT/ATX case with most all of the
characteristics listed by buying parts from a computer shop.  I'd recommend
Hypertech, Computer Depot or Telectronics as the store to go to.  I've had
good experiences with all three.  If you want a prebuilt computer, there's a
store on 77th and Quivera which specializes in selling used systems.

The only snag in your specifications was requesting a 166 MHZ Pentium II.
If I remember correctly the lowest speed the Pentium II's were produced at
was 266 MHZ.  However, with the prices of processors nowadays, you could
pick up a lower end Duron or Celeron for $50 at most.

--charley