Odd Apache Log Entry... Code red? ... And how to shutdown an infected box.

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Aug 9 14:07:59 CDT 2001

That doesn't look familiar to what I have been reading. It looks more like
someone trying to exploit infected machines. Probably some "script kiddie"
who didn't do his/her homework. Or it could be Code Red III, the newer more
improved version?
Code red makes Trojan copies of the cmd.exe and makes them "world
readable/executable" with "administrator" rights.

How about "cmd.exe format /X c:"
/X forces a dismount and closes all file handles before formatting (if
necessary)
[CERT recommends a format and reinstall for infected systems anyway]
;')>

Brian