Code Red (II) Question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Aug 8 22:32:59 CDT 2001

The Cisco routers affected all have unpatched IIS running on them. The 600
series DSL routers are affected by an unrelated vulnerability. Basically,
from what I understand of the problem, the traffic generated from the port
scans on 80 fill up the router's memory (various ways of doing that, qv.
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-code-red-worm-pub.shtml) and at
that point the router stops forwarding packets. At least that what I get out
of it.