Code Red (II) Question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Aug 8 13:55:01 CDT 2001

Don,

  You'll probably also want to check to make sure indexing is off in the
services (IIS is installed and started in W2K Server and higher, not in W2K
Pro). There is also the little problems you might have with RPC, I don't
remember what the vulnerabilities are there, but you could certainly find
out about them from CERT's website.

Personally, if you're already running Apache, you might as well switch over
to Linux or FreeBSD. You'll get added functionality and security, too!

JMHO,
Brian