Code Red on RoadRunner

Richard Meeker rmeeker at kc.rr.com
Tue Aug 7 18:06:14 CDT 2001

They're petrified.  Since they're running mostly NT, Code Red is killing
them.  The packet light on my cable modem has been going non-stop for
the last 72 hours and it's nothing on my network that's going out or any
bombs or DOS attacks coming in.  The only thing I can think is that it's
Roadrunner's IIS web servers going haywire since, apparently, Code Red
is supposed to send out broadcast storms.  I hope they fix it before it
renders their network as totally useless.

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is that Roadrunner should NOT
have selected Windows NT as their backbone :).