Network Question

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Mon Aug 6 18:12:00 CDT 2001

From: Andrew Brink <abrink at ns.brink.cx>
Subject: Re: Network Question

> > I'm seeing a lot of traffic on my RR cable as well.  I'm getting hits
from
> > code red, but not a huge number of them (one every few minutes).

Could anyone further extrapolate on this??? How does one know they are
getting hits generated by Code Red??? I am the @HOME service, and have been
seeing my cable modem light flashing the last few days as well (during times
of no Net activity).  I run a Win2k/RH 7.0 dual boot box.  Should I boot
into Linux and stay there to be safe from this latest round of viruses???
I'm not running IIS on win2k,  which, from what I have read is what Code Red
infects.

If anyone could furhter help me understand this, I'd be forever grateful.

TIA,

Eric