Getting Kaji support in Debian and Netscape - please help

hanasaki hanasaki at hanaden.com
Wed Aug 1 18:39:40 CDT 2001

I have Potato and have installed the following packages:

* kinput2-wnn - An input server for X11 applications that want
Japanese text input
* kterm - Multi-lingual terminal emulator for X.
* netscape-ja-resource-477 - Netscape 4.77 Japanese resources.
* netscape-base-477 - 4.77 base support for netscape

but am unable to get:

* netscape to display kaji / hiragana / katakana from email that was
sent to me or from japanese web pages - I am using exim as my mta
* kterm to accept japanese input - the man page says to use esc/B but
this does not work.

Thank you.