new to Linux

verde at worldinter.net verde at worldinter.net
Fri May 26 01:58:21 CDT 2000

Hi,

I'm very new to linux and I have some questions... if that is ok.

I come from a Windows world. Infact I'm a Third level tech and a major
corp in KC. Blah, blah, blah...

I'm trying my hardest to get off of the MS bandwagon and I can't seem to
figure out how to do some simple things in Linux. (At least I think they
should be simple)

First, I running SuSE 6.3 on a Pentium Pro200 with 112mb ram and a 6GB
HDD.

Now the question(s)  How do I install applications? I want to load a
simlpe checkbook program and I can't seem to get it to install.

How do I setup my sound?  I've done the video and modem but...now sound.

Thanx in advance,

Jason