Linux on an NT Network

Jeff McCright jeff.mccright at southernunionco.com
Thu May 25 21:42:22 CDT 2000

Yes, SAMBA allows you to set up a LINUX box to function as a
WinNT box in either a peer-to-peer or client server configuration.
SAMBA allows for a Primary Domain Controller(PDC) but not as
a Backup Domain Controller(BDC). SAMBA also allows the LINUX
box to function as a client on WinNT domain and/or as a peer in a
Win95/98/NT workgroup. SAMBA includes file and print share
support in all configurations listed above.

SAMBA is very cool! I currently have a Linux box at home set up
as a BDC for my home network. I have several WIN boxes that
log into the Domain created by SAMBA. Works great!!!

Thanks,

Jeff McCright
jeff.mccright at southernunionco.com