IDE Raid 1 support for Linux?

mike neuliep mike at illiana.net
Mon May 22 22:05:18 CDT 2000

Fellow KCLuggers,

Currently I get all the "non-member list submissions" and most of them are what I'd consider spam,
however I think this one is significant enough to warrant
posting so I will do so.  It is significant because this is the first IDE
controller implemented as a scsi controller that is capable of raid-1 disk
mirroring.  Promise with their FastTrack 66 has long promised drivers "very
soon" but I've not seen nothing yet.  The alternatives are either an expensive
Mylex scsi controller or a semi-expensive American Megatrends 428 raid controller.  I've used both
under Linux (this machine uses the AMI 428) and I've been
long awaiting an IDE raid-1 solution from someone else other than Promise.

I will be the first one to try this out and report back to the group how it
worked :-)

	Mike Neuliep
	mike at illiana.net

Gentlemen,

My company has developed a line of IDE RAID controller products for Linux
that are the most scalable Internet products on the market today. We are in
the current kernel and dedicated to the open source principal. Our products
offer the fault tolerance of RAID 1 mirroring and deliver the performance of
RAID 0 stripping, required for fast paced internet environments such as;
Internet data warehousing applications.  Increased performance over SCSI,
while enjoying the cost efficiency of using IDE disk drives in your server
applications, is enabled by 3ware‘s products.

Since our RAID driver is implemented as a SCSI controller, not as IDE, there
are no special changes required to system protocols.    You could actually
use thousands of these nodes for Internet data content with different
platforms upfront to manage the content databases.

See some of our products listed at (www.thelinuxstore.com) (L-Royal tower
server), www.asacomputers.com  (1U, 2U rackmount server and Tower) and
NetExpress, (featuring 2U Rackmount Linux server.

Please contact me as soon as possible to learn more about 3ware products.  I
can be reached at the numbers listed below.   Or forward this on to the
appropriate person that can speak to me about using 3ware products in your
server solutions.

Thanks,

Treb Hurley
Channel Sales Manager