Hello and a question..

Steven Sanders geigertube at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 14:02:44 CDT 2000

First off, hi! My name is Steven, and Im a Linux user.

("Hi Steven!")

Anyhoo, I installed Linux mandrake 7.0 just recently,
and while I really enjoy linux (esp. Enlightenment)I
am having a problem that I cant seem to figure out,
and I thought i might pick the brains of some of you
out there..

For some reason, I am getting an i/o error when I try
and access my HP 9100 cd-rw drive. Linux sees the
hardware, and it seems to mount without errors, but I
get an i/o error message when I try and access it. The
linux set-up on the mandrake install cd was able to
use the cd-rw just fine, but it wont work from within
linux proper. Does anyone have any idea as to what is
going on here, and how I might go about fixing it? I
read through the how-to's and any documentation I
could find, but without luck..

Thanks very much!

Steven

=====