Commerce Bank

Gene E. Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Tue May 16 19:49:19 CDT 2000

(Sorry if this shows up in your mailbox twice, but I sent it earlier and
have not received it yet)

Hello all,

	How many of you use Commerce Bank?  My wife and I recently switched to
them because of the free checking.  They also have internet banking, so
my wife went to log on the other day using Netscape navigator 4.73
128-bit encryption (as required by the website).  Apparently there are
some issues with Linux that they do not support, so I sent them an
e-mail and got the following response:
Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately we do not offer Services for Linux at this time, and we do
not
plan to in the future.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at 1-800-986-2265.  Our
hours
are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday, 9:00 am through 12:00 pm
Saturday, Central Standard Time.

Thank you for banking with Commerce Bank.

I don't know how much this would help, but if enough people who banked
(or were looking to bank) at Commerce wrote them inquiring
about/requesting support for Linux, they just might do something.  They
have support for Web TV, for Pete's sake!  Just thought I'd throw this
out and see if anyone would write them as well.  Here is the e-mail
address that I used: mailto:Mymoney at CommerceBank.com

Thanks,

Gene Dascher
Systems Developer
Multi Service