What tape drive would you recommend?

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Thu Mar 30 21:18:04 CST 2000

Yet another vote for DAT.  I've had the same 2GB 4mm drive since 1994.
It works great in either Linux or Mac OS and I've never had a single
problem restoring the data.  Cleaning tapes are relatively cheap
so I use one after _every_ use of the drive and otherwise leave the
drive turned off (it's external).

I now have a HEPA filterer running inside my computer case, so I
don't have much dust, but before the drive was just sitting on the
desktop.  I just wish it was higher capacity or had native
compression...

See ya Wednesday,

Tony