Distributed.net

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Thu Mar 30 17:44:05 CST 2000

I'll admit that I have lots of spare CPU cycles, but I am completely
uninterested in helping out on some silly 'crack this string' or
'find the aliens' project.  I wish they'd get their OGR project back
to working status, that was at least useful.  I'm a mathematician,
not a CS guy.  Maybe I don't have the long view but it just doesn't
seem important to break someone's encryption and last I heard, SETI at home
was over subscribed and couldn't generate enough data for all of their
volunteers to check.

Just my opinion,

Tony Hammitt